Monday, May 17, 2010

Project: Angel


I'm working on a super secret book, as many of you know. We'll call it "Project: Angel".


I just received word today that the test reader(s) really liked the two sample chapters that the publisher is going to use for marketing. I did get to read the beta reader(s)' notes, and they made me smile. There's just nothing quite like being unsure about something I write, then having a reader competely "get it". Especially when they particularly like a character that I do.


The process of having a book of this scale going into print is different from anything I've done before. Well, I've never done non-fiction on this level. So the entire project is new territory for me. It's pretty exciting to see how it all comes together. The samples for sales, the first prints, the layout, etc. It's like watching a baby grow up.


I'll be even more excited when my editor lets me blab about the project on here. It will be next summer, I suppose. But I can, at the very least, keep everyone updated on the progress until then. As of right now, I have about 12k of 60k words written. It's not the easiest task to keep my concentration enough to write with a two month old in my lap, but it's coming along. I still have about six weeks for the remaining 48k words and rewrites. I see lots of hamburgers and pizzas in my family's future.


Some days, it's frustrating. Other days, I have the best job in the world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment