Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011!

It’s 2011 and with the new year, there are new resolutions. I’ve always seen New Year’s Resolutions as ridiculous statements. That’s probably because I’ve typically fallen short of following through on those self-promises.

This year, I am happyNewYear0SMkeeping my resolution simple: I promise to take better care of myself. Yeah, it’s a basic concept, but for me it’s so difficult at times. Whether my best friend needs help or I just want to spend more time with family, I tend to put my own needs and wants on the back burner. As a mom of two (16 yr. and 10 mo.), I fall into the  same rut so many moms do, making sure they look polished and have every desire met instead of carving out time for myself.

Well, this year I hope to level the scales a bit. We moms owe it to our kids to make sure we’re happy, healthy, and fulfilled. We set the examples they will follow later in life, just as I’m following my mom’s example. In the end, it may pose harder to enact than any resolution I’ve made before. Behaviors are often the hardest things to change.

So, what’s your resolution?

If you’ve got tips on helping me keep my resolution, feel free to post them. And above all else, have a happy new year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment